Update: She said yes! With dozens of dogs to "arf" at and buses to "beep" at, June seemed to enjoy our run-- our second date of the day. I think this relationship might have legs.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
home run
Given that my date only cried once during our time together, by my standards I'd have to say my outing with June was a smashing success. Our trip to the ballpark really couldn't have gone any better. June spent most of her time testing the spring-backed chairs and shuffling her sippy cup from one cup holder to the next. She wasn't particularly interested in the game, or even Wool E. Bull for that matter, but when a helicopter flew overhead, she ran down to the end of row for a better look; the gentleman sitting there looked a bit baffled as this tiny child pointed skyward and tried to explain to him, in her unique way, that he should be excited too. Although she didn't have a hot dog at the game, she still enjoyed a proper all-American lunch: grilled cheese and apple sauce. She was just delightful. We made it all the way through five innings- far exceeding my expectations. When we left, the Bulls led the Richmond Braves 1-0. Turns out, the Bulls scored one more and won 2-0. Not a bad start to the day. Junie's now sleeping happily, and I'm waiting for the interest rate decision from the FOMC. Assuming she's agreeable to another date, we'll probably go for a run together this afternoon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Update: She said yes! With dozens of dogs to "arf" at and buses to "beep" at, June seemed to enjoy our run-- our second date of the day. I think this relationship might have legs.


Update: She said yes! With dozens of dogs to "arf" at and buses to "beep" at, June seemed to enjoy our run-- our second date of the day. I think this relationship might have legs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH! SHE LOOKS LIKE ADRIENNE! (in that bottom image... that's an adrienne face that I could spot a hundred miles away).
aaaawwwwww... momma's girl.
Lloyd, that sounded like an awesome date! Good seeing you and Ms. Junie last Tuesday. That brought back good memories when my Dad used to take me to Dodger Stadium growing up. I think it used to cost 50 cent to sit in the bleachers and a I loved Dodger Dogs.
Post a Comment