Tuesday, April 29, 2008

five good things

1. This morning I attended the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Spring Breakfast at the RBC Center in Raleigh. Jeff Saturday, center for the Indianapolis Colts, was the keynote speaker and delivered an uplifting message about his athletic experiences and his walk with the Lord. The event was a fundraiser to help send high school athletes to FCA summer camps. Before my senior year in high school, I attended an FCA football camp at Albion College that continues to have a profound impact on my life. It's exciting to think about other young athletes enjoying a similar experience.

2. I met my girls for lunch today at Elmo's Diner. While the latter part of my morning was spent staring at directionless financial markets, they had spent the morning with friends at the Museum of Life and Science. It's always a treat when I get to see them in the middle of the day.

3. I enjoyed perfect weather while running this afternoon-- sixty degrees, a light breeze, and nothing but blue skies. Knowing that 95 degree heat is just around the corner, I'm savoring these last few days of comfort, especially one like today that was 15 degrees below normal.

4. Before dinner, June and I ran around in the grass and chased a few dogs on Duke's east campus. I saw some friends from my Tuesday night running group (I used to be a regular, but now, for one reason or another, my attendance is rather sporadic). After talking with them, we tried out a new playground at a church across the street from campus (I know it's hard to believe... there are, in fact, still playgrounds in Durham that June has not yet test driven). Anyways, we both had a smashing time, and the weather was still perfect.

5. June and I have a date tomorrow. While Adrienne is at work, Junie and I are going to play hooky from our respective responsibilities and attend our first Durham Bulls game of the season. An 11am start and a forecast for sunny skies and 72 degrees should make it ideal conditions for a June-friendly outing-- and June-friendly means Lloyd-friendly. I'll try to take some pictures, but there's a good chance I'll have my hands full. It will be interesting to see if June attempts to stab Wool E. Bull in the eyes again...

0 comments: