Thursday, November 13, 2008
junie's song
Almost every evening, June asks to hear "Junie's Song." Her song, according to her, is Hey Sah-Lo-Ney by Mickey Lee Lane -- the same song I used for this video. As soon as the song starts, she instructs Adrienne and me to "run fast!" Then we all run and dance frantically around the living room; it must be quite a scene from the street. Last night, June literally ran around our couch about 50 times. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I already get teary-eyed knowing that years from now we'll look back at these days with such fondness. The giggling, the running, the dancing, and the unfettered joy she exudes are almost too much to handle. I know she'll tire of these nightly dance parties before we do, but hopefully that won't happen anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment