Friday, February 15, 2008

A light course of recent events

Several things to bring up:
--So, Lloyd mentioned in a recent post that we are abstaining from tv until the end of lent. True, I've lobbied for one exception, which is that we (or, more specifically, I) be able to watch when I get home from work. Now, know that I'm only working one shift a week these days, so it doesn't seem to me like I'm asking for all that much. Also know that my work days are 12-plus hours long and thoroughly exhausting--remember, I'm out of practice, so it takes a good bit of the pep right out of me. I took 15 months off. I'm not really complaining, it's all good, but I just want to know that at the end of it all I have a soft couch, a cold beer (or 2), and a droning tv to come home to, to help me rid myself the detritus of the day (in the many forms it takes on an average day at the hospital).

Let's forget everything we know about the unchangeable nature of the calendar and say it's possible that one of these years Easter comes really early and the Superbowl comes really late for some reason. Just check back with us then and see who lobbies for an exemption clause. Also, as our friend Amanda pointed out, the upcoming start of the new season of ANTM makes the tv abstention a little harder for both of us. If you recognize those initials: you may think I'm kidding, but I'm not. If you don't recognize those initials: figure it out yourself. I don't need to willingly embarrass us any more than I already have.

--In a recent post I promised a list of June's words. Here goes: hi, no, mom, dad, uh-oh, juice, eat, pop, up, beep, moo, meow, woof woof, who who (what an owl says), and, as of this evening, moon. How about that?

Update: Lloyd has generously offered to drone at me when I get home from work. What a guy, right?

0 comments: