Sunday, August 7, 2011

hiking continues

Last Saturday, Jolee and I drove to the top of Hoosier Pass and explored some new trails. Of all the places we’ve hiked in and around Summit County, I’d say this one yields the best view-to-effort ratio…P1020334

P1020344

P1020349

Mt. Quandary straight ahead…P1020351

P1020353

the view towards Alma and Fairplay…P1020356

on the backside, not sure the names of these mountains…P1020359

Jolee singing along the way…

And last Monday, Mike and Barney joined us on the top of Boreas Pass as we revisited one of the first hikes we did when we arrived here two years ago. Here’s Barney heading up the trail…P1020365

looking serious…P1020369

at the top between Baldy and Boreas looking down at the valley behind French Pass…P1020370

the diapered mountain runner sprinting to the top. she’s got good lungs…IMG00469-20110801-1129

P1020374

Barney in all his glory…IMG00471-20110801-1135

P1020375

P1020376

IMG00473-20110801-1138

back at the trailhead, enjoying the snack I forgot to put in the backpack…P1020381

one final picture from the car on the drive back down Boreas Pass Rd…P1020383

0 comments: