Sunday, July 27, 2008

Somebody help me please!

I need a really good book to read, quick. In my sad state, escapism is my savior. Please recommend. I'm about to finish Empire Falls by Richard Russo and I can feel the post-book letdown coming on already. I need something that totally brings the reader into its world. Can anyone help me? Can you feel my desperation?

By the way, I actually think I'm feeling a bit better. But I still need the book.

5 comments:

Emilie said...

Out Stealing Horses, Per Peterson
Last American Man, Elizabeth Gilbert
Olive Kitteridge, Elizabeth Strout

love you!

kirstin said...

Bel Canto - Ann Patchett
The TIme Travelers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Both really good books that I recently read
I have them both, if you want to borrow them

Emilie said...

kristin! whoever you are, excellent choices. we like the same books!

Adrienne said...

thanks to you both--you're good pals! kirsten, i'll be knocking on your door to borrow those soon.

rob said...

Hi Lloyd, I finished "Racing for Recovery, From Addict to Ironman" by Todd Crandell a while back. Todd's story is inspirational, but its also rough reading about his battles w/ addiction. I remember seeing him at IMAZ, 'cus he had all these tats and recognized him on the book cover. Its a fast, good read though.